In 1895 Aikaterini Cambouropoulos built for her daughter, Marika a villa in Alinda on the island of Leros. The house was built using plans drawn by an Austrian architect and was set in a rose garden amidst vineyards. A few years later, Marika wed Stavros Angelou, with whom she had six children from 1901 to 1921. The present proprietor is the daughter of the youngest child, Lolos.
During the first decades of the century, the Angelou family who lived in Egypt and vacationed on Leros, used this house as their summer residence. During construction of additions (c. 1930) Sometime around 1930, the house was "upgraded" with the addition of a tower-like structure in the front and balconies, and with a modification of the main staircase - as the fashion of the times dictated.